Lily Isabelle Arnold



Monday, February 2, 2009

He Popped the Question....


Okay so it's 2:30 am the day after Nic made me the happiest girl in the entire world and I cannot sleep! Words cannot express how happy and excited i am right now! So details....First of all let me preface this with I am the biggest brat in the entire world! I have been torturing Nic and bugging him about marriage for the last little while and let me tell you what, yesterday made me totally humiliated and humbled for even questioning Nic. We started our Sunday morning with me bawling because I thought he did not want to marry me. Little did i know there was a ring sitting about ten feet from me! :)

He told me he about just chucked the ring at me and said "HERE" I am so so glad he didn't. So after he calmed me down and i realized how ridiculous I was being and that Nic would get to asking me in his own time Nic took me up to Park City for what was supposed to be a relaxing day with his family. :)

Now if I really think about it all the clues were there but Nic had me so thrown off his trail I had NO IDEA! First he had us drive together which we never do when we go to Park City but I thought hey it's more quality time with my man! :) Then we drove up to a ski resort and apparently Nic was trying to find a neat place to stop where he could ask me but guardsman pass was closed off so he gave up hope! Mind you we are talking about rings and such on the way up there! ha ha ha! Again I didn't even pick up on anything.

Then after Nic has driven me thru half of Park City we decided that we were hungry so we went to lunch at our favorite restaurant Baja Cantina. We ate a delicious meal but Nic decided he didn't' want to propose at a restaurant he wanted it to be original. Yesterday was such a beautiful day so Nic and I decided to walk around outside and enjoy the sunlight. As we are walking we spot an ice skating rink so we decide to stop and sit on a bench and watch the ice skaters and skiers up the mountain.

We sat there and talked for a bit and suddenly he looks at me and says, "You know how much I love you right? and starts telling me how amazing I am, well then he suddenly clams up and I guess stumbles on his words so he stops and has me go get him tissue for his nose (I might want to mention he is sicker than a dog) So I go and grab him a tissue and come back to the bench. Then finally Nic says so I got you a surprise so open your hand and close your eyes. Again at this point I am totally clueless and I think secretly I didn't want to get my hopes up but part of me thought and hoped maybe....

Then he puts the box in my hand and I can feel the velvet box I open my eyes and he says, "Tiffany will you marry me?" I about die. First I ask are you serious???? Are you really serious? Then of course I cry! Then I look at this stunning most amazing and beautiful ring I have ever seen in my life. I cannot believe how gorgeous this thing is. I couldn't have picked out a better ring myself. Oh and of course then I say YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I am still in shock I have never been so surprised in my entire life. I still feel like I am dreaming. I have known Nic was the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with from the moment I met him. He has made me SO happy these last 9 months words cannot even express what this man means to me.

He is the most amazing man I have ever met i and I will be proud to call him my husband and I cannot wait for our future to start. I feel like the luckiest girl in the whole world. I guess I should add that I feel totally unworthy and horrible after all the crap I have put my poor fiance through. I can't believe he still asked me after the hell he has endured. I even asked him if he was sure he wanted to marry me still. ha ha ha

Anyway we went up to his parents after and spent some time with them and talked dates and ideas and such. I guess they both knew and his mom even went with him to pick out the ring. I gotta tell you not only am I gaining a great husband, I am gaining a terrific family. I truly from the bottom of my heart Love his family. They are the neatest group of people and I am honored to be a part of what they are. I enjoy their company and know they are going to be a huge source of support to Nic and I. His parents have been married for a long time and I am so glad to have their example as to what a good and successful marriage is. They are best friends and Nic is my best friend and I aspire to have what they share.

I have no doubt that Nic is "THE ONE" and that he will be the one I grow old with and have a beautiful family with. He is so good to my son and I and Dominik is going to have the best step dad around. Nic treats him like his own and that means more than I think Nic will ever understand. I could go on and on about how happy I am.

We are talking about a wedding in August and I will share more details as they come to fruition. I am just want to enjoy this perfect moment. I am so glad I found Nic and being with him just gets better and better every day. He is my soul mate, best friend and much much more.

I do want to add that even his sis Jenn was in on the plot. We had gone to her son Cayleb's Baptism on Saturday and as soon as we arrived Jenn sent Nic to the store for "creamer" but really Nic had to go pick up my ring from the jeweler! LOL So Brady and Nic went and picked up my diamond and there was half and half in the garage so I wouldn't pick up on anything. I have to hand it to everyone they really pulled it off and I was totally clueless.

The funny thing is on Saturday as we spent time with Jenn and her awesome kids I told Nic how neat it would be to get to get to be their Aunt because each one of them is so special. She has got such a darling family and they are so good to Dom and I. They all treat Dom as if he were family and he just loves them. So like I said we really did score as far as families go. I get 2 great sister in laws and 4 of the neatest kids to be an Aunt to and 2 awesome parents in law. Cha ching Tiff hit the jack pot! ha ha ha. Anyway I guess I should end my cheese fest for the night and maybe try and get some sleep. Stay tuned for wedding details.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So ya...I'm pretty much crying after reading your blog! I'm so glad you blogged about it, because I have been DYING too..(but I knew you needed to first,Since it is....YOUR news!) But it IS a little bit my news, since we are ALL beyond thrilled to have you and Dom be a part of our family! I couldn't be happier..We love you so dang much, and can't wait for all the great times ahead!! xoxo!!

Love, Jenn

Bree said...

Congratulations honey! That's great news! :)s

Josh and Megan said...

YEAH! I am SOOO happy for you! How exciting! This is the best news I've heard in a long time! Congrats!
Megan(from Bunco!)