Lily Isabelle Arnold



Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Holidays!

Okay so i'm such a slacker and never post anything so i thought i'd better update everyone! First of all we had such an amazing weekend! The only thing missing was my sweet little boy who was spending the weekend with his dad. He has a double ear infection and the poor kid's eardrum ruptured so i've been worried sick all weekend. But we got him some medicine and he is doing much better!
The Holidays are my favorite time of year! Friday night some friends of mine cooked Nic and I a delicious italian dinner! We just talked and had some wine and relaxed. Then Saturday operation Christmas shopping began! We got up at 830 and it was snowing so we decided it was time to put my snow tires on my car! Then it was off to Cabella's for some shopping madness! :) All in all it was a productive day and we managed to get some gifts!
Then it was off to the Arnold Family Christmas party! I made my 7 layer dip which is basically the only dish i can make! :) And Nic created his new signature dish of Lil Smokies and BBQ sauce. I do have to say that they were quite delicous! My man is a fabulous cook! The Christmas party was SOOO much fun. The food was delicious and the company of course was fantastic. I do have to say that Nic has a great family. Fortunately i've met most of them thru camping so there weren't too many new faces. The party was at his sister Jenn's and her house is B E A U tiful. We had a white elephant exchange and it was the funniest thing ever. The gifts this year were supposed to be something from our homes. Nic got Depends (adult diapers) and i got some panty hose! It was quite entertaining.
Believe it or not we actually got some pictures of Nic's mom. For those of you that know Brenda she absolutely despises pictures. But thanks to some coaxing from Nic we managed to get some great shots of the family. I may get disowned for some that i posted so if i'm forced to take some down it's not my fault :)
After that Christmas party we went to another Christmas party for Nic's friends. It was really fun too. They had Santa there for the kids. I was really sad that Dom wasn't there for these parties but i do have to share him! :( Then Sunday i wrapped some gifts and then it was off to the mall for some more shopping! We didnt' really get much yesterday so we have to brave the crowds one more time before Christmas.
Domi returned home at 5 and so we went up to Nic's house for dinner with his parents. His mom made steak, potato's and some amazing spinach recipe she learned on Rachel Ray! Dom just loves it up there! HE loves Dave and Brenda and of course Lady. He is infatuated with her tail. Dinner was soo yummy and then we all watched a movie and then Nic taught me how to play poker. He even left Domi help it was the cutest thing ever. This weekend was so much fun. I enjoyed spending time with friends and family. We are so blessed to have such great people in our lives and i can't wait for all the memories we will all get to share together. I hope all of you are enjoying this Holiday season!

1 comment:

kwright said...

Hey Guys!! This is Karlee (nics lil cousin) I was just on Jenns blog and wanted to say hello to you!!! It was nice to see ya at the Christmas party. The pictures you have posted are adorable!!! Well Happy Holidays stay in touch!!!
Sending my love, Karlee WEEA Wright