Lily Isabelle Arnold



Thursday, May 13, 2010

4 weeks until the arrival of Little Lily


So I just posted a post I had written 2 weeks ago but never put on here. So I figured I would do a quick update. I am now 36 weeks and anxiously awaiting the arrival of our sweet little girl. I went to the Dr. yesterday and so far nothing is happening which is okay since we do have 4 more weeks. I still feel pretty good. But my back is starting to hurt a bit more. I am also quite the clutz. I fell over at the Dr.'s office when i was trying to get undressed. Luckily I wasn't hurt, the only thing that hurt was my pride! I could not stop laughing at myself and my Dr. thought it was pretty funny too.
Dominik and I took some pictures on Monday. I wanted to get his 4 year old pictures taken and then I had some maternity photo's taken as well. I'm hoping to get Nic in for some family photo's but he is so busy with the house I hate to even ask him to take a night off! :( We still haven't sheet rocked but we are getting very close. The house is looking fantastic and it's incredible how much work they have done in a short time. I went with Nic's sister and we picked out our paint carpet and tile so that will all be ready to go once things are complete.
I have started to nest which is hard in the rental because I have packed a lot of things up to move. But I've started getting all her baby clothes cleaned and things more organized. I haven't even had my baby showers yet and people have given us enough clothes to last her thru her first year :) I have 2 showers this weekend which I think will make things seem more real. This pregnancy seems to be flying by for me. (almost too fast) I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. I've been reading baby books since it's been 4 years since Dom was born I feel like a rookie. But i'm pretty sure it will all come back to me. Nic is very excited too. He talks to her and plays with my belly every night. It's soo cute. I'm so excited for him to become a father there is nothing more incredible than watching your child be born. He is already such a great father to Dom and I know he will be just as incredible with our Lily.
Dom is still as excited as ever. He even uses Lily to try and get things. We were at the store yesterday and he told me that "Lily said to buy him a toy" He says the funniest things. She isn't even born and he is already using her as his scape goat!
I feel so blessed to have such an incredible family. I couldn't be any more in love with my husband and son and our daughter will just be another blessing to add to our home. With all the craziness in the world its nice to have the comfort of your home to turn to. Nic and I are facing some of our biggest challenges and yet we are closer than ever. I am one lucky lady! Anyway enough with the cheesiness not sure if it's the hormones or just me. I do cry a lot lately but they are all happy tears. So there is the quick update on Life at the Arnold's!!!! I will get those pics up when I get them from the photographer!

No comments: