Lily Isabelle Arnold



Monday, April 27, 2009

Domink's 3rd Birthday

Okay so before I go on about how fun the weekend is. I have to reflect on the fact that 3 years ago. I gave birth to my beautiful boy who I love and adore. It's hard to believe that 3 years ago I had a newborn in my arms. I cannot believe how much he has grown and all the fun things we've already experienced the last 3 years. Dominik is truly such a blessing to me and motherhood is the best thing I've done with my life. He has taught me so many things and shown me the true meaning of life.  I fall more and more in love with him everyday and I try to cherish every moment because time definitely flies by. What's even crazier is that one of my close friends from high school Had her little boy this morning at St Marks hospital and my doctor was the one who delivered her son. It was surreal being at the very hospital I delivered Dom at on his birthday.  Anyway now Dom shares a birthday with Allen Jayden who was born at 7:52 am and was 9.1 lbs 20 inches. Congrats to Rachel and Josh. He is beautiful. I'm not gonna lie it made me so excited for Nic and I to have our first baby together. I can't wait for the day that Nic gets to hold his first born child in his arms. He is already such a great father to Dom and I can only imagine how he will be with his own son or daughter 
But first things first let's get the marriage thing done and a house! ha ha. This is such an exciting time for Nic and I and I can't wait for all the firsts we will have together. I really feel like I'm living in a fairy tale sometimes. Nic makes me so incredibly happy in every way and I feel like he is the missing piece I've needed to complete the rest of my life. It's funny because I want it all to be here now. But I know I need to slow down and enjoy every moment of what we have. 
Anyway on to the weekend details. Little Dom's party was Saturday. We ended up doing it at the clubhouse where I rent. It rained too much Saturday to do it at the park but we made due and it ended up being a ton of fun. I think Dom really enjoyed himself and he made out as far as presents go. You would have thought it was Christmas with all the gifts he got. I'm so grateful for all my friends and family who came to support Dom.  Nic's family came too which really meant a lot to me.  I'm so lucky to have such a great new family and they are so good to both Dom and I. We got Dom his first bike and he was excited. I'm not gonna lie I had a panic attack when I bought it. I started thinking of all the ways he could get hurt. But I know I've got to quit being so protective.  After Dom's party we had to get ready for my birthday celebration with my friends. 
Nic and I were both so exhausted but we got our second wind and it was off to Porcupine Grill and Canyon Inn. It was a ton of fun.  We both have such a great support system from friends to family. A lot of people turned out to both events. I'm glad to say that it's all over until Nic's birthday on the 18th :)   Thanks to everyone who came, it means a lot and we love you all! 

No comments: