Lily Isabelle Arnold



Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Parent Appreciation Day

Yesterday I got the honor of attending Parent Appreciation Day at Dominik's preschool. First of all it was great to get off work at 3:30 but most of all it was fun to go spend time with my son at his school. They had a bunch of activity centers set up and little projects for them to do. It was a lot of fun and neat to see what things they have Dom doing all day long. 
He was so excited to see me and thanked me for visiting him at school. Our first stop was a Dinosaur fossil making center. They were taking marshmallows and toothpicks and making "fossil's". Dom's looked more like a building but it was cute nonetheless. 
Second we stopped off at little dinosaurs frozen in ice. The kids got to take hammers and break the ice cubes open and get the dinosaurs out. That was Dom's favorite. :) I think he just loved being able to hit the ice and splash the water all over everybody but either way it was fun. 
Last but not least Dom read me a dinosaur story. He is Mr. Independent right now and insisted on doing it by himself. He doesn't need his mom anymore because he is a big boy! ha ha.
Anyway it was really fun and I'm so proud of my little man and all he is doing. He is so vibrant and although he is stubborn like his mom. He is my pride and joy and he is what life is all about.  Oh and on a side note potty training is going fabulously he is using the potty almost all the time! HOORAY!  I should also add that Dominik is very excited about having TWO daddy's! It is the cutest thing ever. He says to everyone, "Nic is gonna be my step-dad like my other dad."  It is so cute to see how much he loves and adores Nic. This morning he asked Nic to take him out of the high chair and told him it's cuz Nic is his best buddy in the whole world.  He was even bummed when Nic didn't come to his school. The feeling is mutual because Nic loves and adores Dom too. I scored big time with this guy. He is going to be an amazing step dad and fantastic father.  

No comments: